Montessori is a type of education that was created by Dr. Maria Montessori. It focuses on creating a child-centered environment where children are encouraged to explore and learn independently.
The best way to start is by looking at what the Montessori philosophy is all about, which includes three main principles:
1) The development of independence and self-reliance.
2) A multisensory approach that integrates the use of all the senses (sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell).
3) The use of teaching aids that are not more than one step away from the natural object or action being taught so as to foster understanding through direct experience.
Kids are always trying to explore and learn about their surroundings. This is why they often make messes in their rooms, even when they know that it’s not allowed. The best way to help your kids keep a clean room is to teach them how to do it themselves.
– Set up a system for cleaning the room with your child. For example, you could start by teaching them how to put clothes away in the hamper and then move on to teaching them how to put toys away in their toy box.
– Make sure that you’re praising your child when they do things right and helping them when they need guidance, but don’t be afraid of being firm if necessary.